Start a new topic
Answered

Linking to a blog from a website.

On our website, we are going to turn the current "products" tab into a "blog" tab, which we would like to link to our blogspot. I know how to change the wording on the tab but I'm not sure how to make it link directly to the blog. Is that possible? 

Best Answer

The best way to do this is with the Direct Link functionality.

Set your navigation name to the name you want to display in the main tab of the Page Properties.

Then, in the Advanced tab of page properties, set the link to the outside URL where it asks if you want a Direct Link.

Answer

The best way to do this is with the Direct Link functionality.

Set your navigation name to the name you want to display in the main tab of the Page Properties.

Then, in the Advanced tab of page properties, set the link to the outside URL where it asks if you want a Direct Link.

Awesome. I actually did that before but forgot that I need to insert the Http before hand. (at least I think that what I did wrong) Another question: Can I set this to open as a new window or a new tab or is that strictly set by the user? I saw the option to render as pop up but checking it made no difference on safari. 

There are differences depending on which version of JoyaCMS your site is deployed on.

Currently your site is on the Webframe version which does not support Direct Links in new tabs.  We have you slated to be migrated to JoyaCMS 1.4 in September - over the labor day weekend.

Whether it opens in a tab or a new window is dependent on the browser settings of the individual.

I tried this just to see how it worked, and nothing comes up on the page.  I set the direct link to a URL.  Is that supposed to embed the other website into my page?

Login or Signup to post a comment